You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2013 4:24 pm  #1

Blues Season discussion

Tarasenko looked great. Chris Stewart looked much better to.

Carlo Coliaccavo missed an outlet pass from behind his own net. Didn't result in a goal by St. Louis, but I was immediately reminded as to why I was glad he left.

I think Detroit looked like shit, and we looked decent/good. Nashville will be a good test I think.

1/22/2013 10:03 am  #2

Re: Blues Season discussion

2-0-0. I didn't necessarily think that Halak needed to be yanked yesterday, but you can't argue with the results. Elliott was lights out, and never gave up anything, including the two rounds of the shootout.

46 games to go, Chicago is tonight, and they've looked really solid.

1/22/2013 1:33 pm  #3

The Blues have a lot of depth, which should be a major benefit during this shortened season. Right now the Tarasenko line is carrying the team. The kid is a rookie, and can't be expected to keep this up. Players like Backes and Perron need to play better. 

Having said that, tough to complain about 2-0 over two significant division rivals. Chicago tonight. If they could start the season with wins against their 3 main rivals in the Central (2 on the road), that would be an amazing start. 

1/22/2013 1:59 pm  #4

I don't think Tarasenko's carrying the team, without him we still beat detroit 4-0, but he is playing great hockey.

Perron hasn't been there yet, and taking that offensive zone penalty was stupid yesterday. Backes is still hitting, and that's at least a contribution. I think we're doing great. Being able to healthy scratch Langenbruner, Wowitka, and D'Agostini is kind of crazy in my opinion.

Is McDonald okay after taking that puck in the chin?

1/23/2013 10:19 am  #5

I hate the Flyers.
Just feel the need to express that once every so often.

1/23/2013 11:18 am  #6

lol I hate the NHL schedule playing Road/Road games on consecutive days when the other team doesn't. They've always done that, and it usually spells doom for the 2 game team (especially when travelling to game #2).

I don't like the Flyers either though.

1/23/2013 1:23 pm  #7

alz wrote:

lol I hate the NHL schedule playing Road/Road games on consecutive days when the other team doesn't. They've always done that, and it usually spells doom for the 2 game team (especially when travelling to game #2).

I don't like the Flyers either though.

The Rangers looked dead against the Penguins the other night in the second game of a back-to-back. Of course, the Penguins were also playing for the second day in a row and the game was at MSG, so maybe the Rangers are just cadavers.

Everything about the Flyers was summed up by their behavior last night. As soon as they fell behind, they started gooning it up and tried to intimidate the officials. They'll always be a classless franchise owned by a classless jerk in a second-rate, boring city populated by rude, knuckle-dragging neanderthals. Not counting layovers at the airport, I've spent a total of about 96 hours over the course of two trips to Philadelphia and I have no desire to ever go there again. The only worthwhile thing in the entire city is the tour of Independence Hall, and of course that's a national park operated by the feds, so it's out of the city's jurisdiction.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (1/23/2013 1:23 pm)

1/24/2013 10:24 pm  #8

How come Winnipeg is still in the Eastern Conference and Nashville is still in the Western Conference? Bettman's had 18 months since the Thrashers moved to buy a map of North America.

1/24/2013 10:32 pm  #9

I guess I haven't watched enough hockey to be over this, but I still get a chuckle every time I hear an announcer say Pekka Rinne's first name. Especially since I'm around people with Boston accents all the time. It sounds like some dope named Shaun from Charlestown talking about his junk.

1/25/2013 10:36 am  #10

lol at the Pekka Rinne comment.

Also the Flyers, that style of "if you can't beat them, beat them up!" hockey I actually love.

It's Chris Pronger I can't stand.

4/11/2013 9:40 pm  #11

This thread has been quiet for a while, but back-to-back-to-back shutouts on the road deserves a mention. 

Nice job Blues, keep it going. 

4/16/2013 12:40 pm  #12

Interesting close to the season here, the Blues are going to avoid the Blackhawks I believe in the first round, so hopefully someone else can knock them off.

I think without Chicago, the Blues are a very solid team, but they are beatable too, so we'll see what kind of run they have.

Board footera