You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2013 11:11 pm  #1

Gangnam style . . .

$770 for a studio apartment.  Oh, and by the way, the security deposit is $10,000.  Yes, that's four zeros.

http://seoul.craigslist.co.kr/apa/3785340908.html

5/05/2013 5:33 am  #2

Re: Gangnam style . . .

Smiley face on the toilet lid?

5/05/2013 1:43 pm  #3

artie_fufkin wrote:

Nice catch. Do you guys have, or know of, a restaurant chain called Eat 'N' Park? They use a smiley-face logo. How appropriate is a toilet lid that says Eat 'N' Park?

Max - place looks quite pleasant.

5/05/2013 6:09 pm  #4

JV wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Nice catch. Do you guys have, or know of, a restaurant chain called Eat 'N' Park? They use a smiley-face logo. How appropriate is a toilet lid that says Eat 'N' Park?

Max - place looks quite pleasant.

I haven't, but we're Medieval here. We didn't get our first Sonic until a couple of years ago.
When my buddy who moved to L.A. told me about In & Out Burger for the first time, I thought he was making it up and asked him if you wash it down with Pepto Bismol.

5/05/2013 11:27 pm  #5

I don't actually plan to live in Gangnam, but my 14 year old thinks it's pretty cool that Dad might live there.  

In & Out: yes, they have those in St. Louis, yes?
Eat & Park: never heard of it.  I would think Park & Eat would make more sense, but what the heck.

The new one out here is Five Guys Burger and Fries.  They are a bit of a copy of Fatburger, which we also have here.  

For the most inappropriate toilets ever, try this:

http://images.artistdirect.com/Images/a3/news/240/9867687_stones_240.jpg

5/06/2013 8:07 am  #6

"The new one out here is Five Guys Burger and Fries."

I kind of got Five Guys-ed out about a year ago. But I guess it's a good company to work for.

5/06/2013 9:22 am  #7

"In & Out: yes, they have those in St. Louis, yes?"

Nope.  In & Out is more of a west coast thing.  Never heard of Eat & Park.  We do have Five Guys.  Not very good for my arteries, but tasty nonetheless.

5/06/2013 1:04 pm  #8

Wasn't there a burger joint just south of Route "Farty" on . . . Grand, I think?  Maybe it was at the corner of Grand and Chouteau?  I thought that was an In and Out.

5/06/2013 1:33 pm  #9

Max wrote:

Wasn't there a burger joint just south of Route "Farty" on . . . Grand, I think?  Maybe it was at the corner of Grand and Chouteau?  I thought that was an In and Out.

Could be.  There's actually a Captain D's on that corner, so it's possible there was another restaurant there before.  But I don't think the In N Out chain has ever been in St. Louis.  Course maybe someone was using that name before the chain came into existence.

Per their website, the chain only has locations in California, Utah, Nevada, Arizona and Texas.

http://www.in-n-out.com/

ETA: You aren't thinking of the Eat Rite are you?  That's really the only notable food place I can think of that's on Choteau, but it's closer to downtown.  On Grand, the only real notable place in that general area was the Naugles, but it was north of 40 closer to the SLU campus.  Nowadays, there isn't all that much between the SLU campus and SLU's hospital campus which basically starts at Grand and Choteau.  South of SLU Hospital would be the Tower Grove area.  I guess there could be something down there, but it's so far from where I live, it isn't an area I'm in very often.

Last edited by forsberg_us (5/06/2013 1:38 pm)

5/06/2013 2:03 pm  #10

I looked it up.  Google maps says its a Rally's.  Maybe that's what it was back then, too. 

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=St.+Louis,+MO&hl=en&ll=38.626143,-90.236319&spn=0.002916,0.004313&sll=48.753312,-122.46131&sspn=0.111366,0.276031&oq=st.+lo&t=h&hnear=St+Louis,+Missouri&z=18

Board footera