You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2014 3:02 pm  #1

life sucks

There is a foot of snow on the ground that keeps drift near my backdoor.  We happen to use that door to take the dog out 5 times a day.  It is -6 right now.  To top it all off my tv remote broke and we have to change it manually.  Cant axcess dvr or any dvr functions like pausing or skipping commercials.  I feel like it is the 90s all over again.

1/06/2014 3:57 pm  #2

Re: life sucks

I share your pain with the drifitng snow.  I had a 3 foot snow drift behind my car when I opened my garage. 

But at least my DVR works

1/06/2014 4:08 pm  #3

I dont have any place to be untill wen afternoon.  The road to the hwy is single lane with 8ft of snow on each side.  The good thing is we knew this was coming,  my wife went to the grocery store and got food prior.  I picked up a 30pack before the snow came.  We never lost power so things could be worst.  Still, it was a poor time for my remote to stop working.

1/06/2014 9:30 pm  #4

It's not often someone else has shittier weather than us, but it was 55 degrees here today.

1/06/2014 10:00 pm  #5

I think another round is coming later this week.

1/06/2014 10:12 pm  #6

We usually get a couple of days later what you guys got, but there's nothing in our forecast until rain on Saturday.

1/07/2014 9:23 am  #7

It is -4....a warmth of 5 degree from yesterday!!

1/07/2014 9:54 am  #8

APIAD wrote:

Glad I can look forward to that. We had a drop of 55 degrees or so in the 24 hours between Sunday and Monday evening, but at least the snow gave us a pass for once.

1/07/2014 11:31 am  #9

APIAD wrote:

We're back to a balmy 9 degrees today.

1/07/2014 11:50 am  #10

Plus 3! Plus 3!  The dog wouldnt take a shit all day yesterday because he couldnt stand to be out that long.  Today he had to break down and poo.  He could barely walk by the time he was done. 

we are on the up swing of this thing.  It is supposed to be above freezing in 2 days.  Will be a soggy mess.  Ill bitch about that next.  That is the great thing about illinois weather.  There is always a reason to bitch.

1/07/2014 11:53 am  #11

Ive spent 3 solid days lock in the house with the family.  Dvr remore still hasnt come.  I can watch tv but cant surf channels.  ive had my fill.

1/07/2014 12:40 pm  #12

Could be worse AP. I had to attempt to take my daughter home Sunday, got stuck in the backwoods of IL, and got to pay 150.00 to a wrecker to pull my 4*4 out of the snow. Ended up pretty buried but stayed home yesterday. Got the kiddo home, and now I'm back in the office working 40 hours in 4 days to make the time up, or I lose that money too.

At least you can get to take the time off paid.

1/07/2014 5:43 pm  #13

No not really.  These are just my scheduled days off.  I am bqckwoods illinois....i win again.  Ur going to have to pull out the exwife/child suport card to beat me at the life sucks thing.

Board footera