You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2014 9:37 pm  #1

NFL playoffs

Different team, different coach, different year ... same ol' chokin' Chiefs.

1/20/2014 10:21 am  #2

Re: NFL playoffs

My favorite day of the NFL season is the day after the New England Patriots get eliminated. Even by the Broncos.

1/20/2014 11:02 am  #3

How many people are cheering for the Broncos simply because of Sherman's postgame comments?

Jesus man, act like you've been there before...

1/20/2014 3:41 pm  #4

alz wrote:

How many people are cheering for the Broncos simply because of Sherman's postgame comments?

Me

1/21/2014 11:40 am  #5

alz wrote:

I did my one game cheering for the Broncos. I don't care if Seattle signs Attilla the Hun, Ivan the Terrible, Joseph Goebbels, Maximilian Robespierre, Rasputin and Torquemada in the next 10 days. I'm rooting for the Seahawks.

1/21/2014 11:57 am  #6

Just curious--is it a Broncos thing (would make sense as a Raiders fan) a Manning thing or something else?

1/21/2014 11:59 am  #7

I would have wanted denver to win anyway.  I hope he get burnt tho.  Bur t badly.

1/21/2014 1:39 pm  #8

I typically almost always find myself cheering for the AFC (probably the 20 something straight NFC wins, I like underdogs).

1/22/2014 9:49 am  #9

forsberg_us wrote:

Just curious--is it a Broncos thing (would make sense as a Raiders fan) a Manning thing or something else?

It's a Broncos thing. Manning seems a decent fellow, and I don't hold him in too much contempt for shredding the Raiders' defense the past two years. That's not exactly an exclusive club.
Plus, whenever Manning accomplishes something significant, it drives Brady's Boyfriends in New England crazy. And that's always a good thing.

1/22/2014 11:14 am  #10

I'm a divisional hater too Artie. I'd rather see anyone win over the Bills/Jets/Patriots... Used to include the Colts, so I actually hated Manning for a long long time too. I'm getting over it though, and he's one of the last gunslinger quarterbacks, and now that he's out of my division, I'm cool with him. Besides my nephew lives in Denver and we cheer for each others teams when we can without interfering with our own.

1/22/2014 12:22 pm  #11

alz wrote:

I'm a divisional hater too Artie. I'd rather see anyone win over the Bills/Jets/Patriots... Used to include the Colts, so I actually hated Manning for a long long time too. I'm getting over it though, and he's one of the last gunslinger quarterbacks, and now that he's out of my division, I'm cool with him. Besides my nephew lives in Denver and we cheer for each others teams when we can without interfering with our own.

I generally don't root for the AFC team because by this point I've built up so much animosity toward the other teams in the conference, usually because they beat they beat the Raiders in an important game.
My NFC interests vary. I used to loathe the Cowboys, but the league honchos hate Jerry Jones almost as much as they hated Al Davis, so I'm somewhat sympathetic. I didn't like the Giants until they started beating the Patriots in Super Bowls. No Raiders fan will ever root for the 49ers, and I ended up hoping the Cardinals would lose this year because Carson Palmer was their quarterback.
And I can't stand the Bears. When I was in college, I had a job working in the warehouse of a retail store and the store manager was from Chicago. This was right after the Bears won the Super Bowl, and he was almost exactly like one of those Superfan guys that Saturday Night Live ended up parodying. He told me the Bears wanted to play the Raiders in the Super Bowl and beat them to avenge what Jack Tatum did to Darryl Stingley. What that had to do with the Bears, I have no idea. 

2/03/2014 11:23 am  #12

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

It's a Broncos thing. Manning seems a decent fellow, and I don't hold him in too much contempt for shredding the Raiders' defense the past two years. That's not exactly an exclusive club.
Plus, whenever Manning accomplishes something significant, it drives Brady's Boyfriends in New England crazy. And that's always a good thing.

I have to assume that the New Englanders are relishing the ass whooping that Denver took.

And I'm sure none of them considered how fortunate they were to avoid Seattle.  Seattle made good receivers look bad.  I can't imagine how embarassing it would have looked if New England's receivers had been on the field.

2/03/2014 1:20 pm  #13

"I have to assume that the New Englanders are relishing the ass whooping that Denver took."

Yeah, the schedenfreude is pretty thick today. If you think I'm exaggerating about the Brady man-crush thing, the Boston Herald last week published pictures of him and Gisele on a beach at some tropical island, in lieu of preparing for the Super Bowl. Brady was shirtless. There's no telling how many closet sausage jockets around here spent the entire week holding up that newspaper page with one hand.

2/03/2014 2:39 pm  #14

"There's no telling how many closet sausage jockets around here spent the entire week holding up that newspaper page with one hand."

That's a mental impression I really didn't need.

Board footera