You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2014 2:25 pm  #1

Botched Execution in Oklahoma.

Apparently the poor inmate clenched his jaw, and made fists... The drugs had a difficult time due to a collapsed vein, and didn't kill him. He died 43 minutes later of a heart attack.

To this... I say....

Oops. Oh well. I want to say more, and be genuinely sorry about this poor poor citizen suffering during his last 40 minutes.... But then I think of the dude that they beat up, the girl they raped, and the other girl that they shot twice and then buried alive ..... I can't bring myself to even think this system needs a change. If anything, we finally got one of these executions a little closer to justice...

Yes, I'm aware I'm barbaric. I still believe that when you strip another human being of their rights with violent crime, you should lose yours.

5/02/2014 6:32 pm  #2

Re: Botched Execution in Oklahoma.

Yeah, I can't feel a lot of sympathy for the guy.

Here's a story that I've seen produce some interesting reactions.  Cliff's Note version:

- 65 year old man has him home burglarized numerous times, presumably by neighborhood teens.
- Thanksgiving 2012, he makes it appear he's left his house for the day.  Parks his truck away from his house but actually sneaks back and hides in his basement armed with a handgun and rifle.  
- Two teens (18 y/o male, 17 y/o female) break into the house.  The male goes into the basement and is shot 3 times and killed.  The female checks on the male and is shot 6 times.
- The homeowner records the incident with an audio recorder.
- Homeowner doesn't call the police until the next day.
- Homeowner is tried and eventually convicted of murder

There was apparently a lot of support for the homeowner in his Minnesota community, but I can't get past the number of times the way this guy planned this out, the number of times each teen was shot and the contents of the audio tape.  I agree with the murder conviction.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616024/Minnesota-man-convicted-premeditated-murder.html 

Board footera