You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2014 3:24 pm  #1

Reynolds High School

Today I noticed the school shooting nearly immediately out in Oregon. 16 miles east of Portland. I have lots of family in Portland... I texted my sister who drives a school bus and she doesn't drive there, but two of my neices (they are sisters) have a total of three children (all girls) that attended Reynolds High School in Troutdale.....

What followed was 60 minutes of being worried sick for my great-neices and their mothers.... They are all okay... Having to check up on family and wait to find out if they are alive and well sucks.... No news, no news.... The shooter was male, the one victim was female ..... Oh fuck... no news... One great niece was able to check in.... Then the other two.... An immediate happy feeling of relief, followed by an alarming sense of shame knowing that somewhere out there is a family who will have their lives disrupted with senseless violence.

Sad truth is this was barely news. Only one victim, and the shooter.... Hardly worth reporting...

Having some actual vested interest in this brings to light however a lot of PTSD type shit that I never considered much. Of course I wondered with horror how terrible it would be to lose a child this way.... But my nieces are making me painfully aware that surviving something on this scale is also something that I really do not ever want to experience....

Very frustrating to be in St. Louis right now...

Last edited by alz (6/10/2014 3:25 pm)

6/10/2014 4:33 pm  #2

Re: Reynolds High School

Glad everyone in your family is OK Alz.

6/10/2014 6:46 pm  #3

Re: Reynolds High School

Echo what Fors wrote. I'm glad everyone in your family is safe.

Board footera