You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2014 2:13 pm  #1

Another reason to hate the NFL ...

I don't care too much about the "heated outburst" part of it, though I'm glad when there's any sort of chaos involving the Patriots, but when was the NFL granted an exemption from abiding by the First Amendment?

FOXBORO -- Patriots training camp played host to a heated outburst between cornerback Brandon Browner and receivers coach Chad O'Shea, which included a back-and-forth well within earshot of fans and media in attendance. About halfway through Wednesday morning's session, Browner was participating in a one-on-one drill where he was asked to cover a receiver going at full speed. When O'Shea reacted angrily after a rep in which Browner played with particular physicality, the 6-foot-4 corner turned his attention toward O'Shea.Media members are not allowed to quote or paraphrase things that are said on the practice field during training camp, but Browner was visibly upset at O'Shea -- taking a few steps toward him -- and the two exchanged words as Browner's teammates intervened. For Browner it was an up-and-down practice. Moments before his incident with O'Shea, he had been planted on the ground in the middle of a route by Kenbrell Thompkins. The next rep in which those two lined up across from each other, Browner shoved Thompkins down to the ground.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (7/30/2014 2:33 pm)

Board footera