You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2014 3:03 pm  #1

Raiders new head coach.

Tony Sporano. 

Interesting, wasn't really very instrumental in Miami, aside from the Wildcat offensive package which was very dangerous when it first came out. Unfortunately they brought it out way too early for teams not to be ready for it by the end of that season. 

I missed that hiring though. Yikes Artie. I think you'd have done a better job coaching than Tony...

10/02/2014 3:21 pm  #2

Re: Raiders new head coach.

He's keeping the seat warm until the end of the season. The Gruden Part II fantasy has been dismissed by Chuckie himself, so I wonder who they're going to get to take over this train wreck of a team next year.
FWIW, and not that Allen was a particularly good coach, but I think they fired the wrong guy. Reggie McKenzie has done nothing to justify his existence as a GM. All he did the first two years was bitch about Al's bad contracts that put the team in salary cap hell and the lack of draft picks. But when he got to conduct a draft, his first two picks were a) a cornerback who NEARLY DIED during his senior year in college, and hasn't been able to find the field with the Raiders, much less stay on it; and b) an offensive lineman who doesn't know how to block. Sio Moore, when he can stay on the field, has been servicable. Mack and Carr have proven to be intelligent picks so far, but they're only four games into their careers. So far, McKenzie's best pick has been Miles Burris.
And once he got the salary cap room, he spent it on veteran players who have played, with the exception of Tarell Brown, like they're washed up. He's spent ~$14 million on two quarterbacks - Matt Flynn and Matt Schaub - who are combined probably going to end up playing one half of a football game for the Raiders.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (10/02/2014 10:04 pm)

Board footera