You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2015 9:22 am  #1

Hernandez

Apparently they are trying to include him shooting Bradley in the face and leaving him for dead as a rebuttal for his defense team standing behind the "Aaron wouldn't shoot his buddy and leave him for dead" statements. Bradley survived despite being shot between the eyes, losing vision in his right eye. He didn't prosecute or assist prosecution, but did sue Hernandez. 

I didn't even know about this... So between Lloyd, the double homicide, and this Bradley fellow, it looks like Aaron Hernandez might be serial. Not the typical "white-loser" serial killer I'll grant you that, but serial regardless... scary.

3/04/2015 9:55 am  #2

Re: Hernandez

I'm concerned about the lack of a murder weapon. And the judge seems to be giving the defense every benefit of the doubt, specifically not allowing the texts between Hernandez and Lloyd on the night of the murder. And I'm always worried the yahoos in the jury box are going to give this putz a pass because he used to play for the Patriots. They had to dismiss a jurror because she was smitten with him.

3/04/2015 10:30 am  #3

I cant see him getting off. Im usually pretty good at guessing but watch me be wrong.  That mother fucker is a psycho.  My opinion is, much like the drew peterson trial, there is just to many coincidences to overlook.

3/04/2015 12:56 pm  #4

APIAD wrote:

I cant see him getting off. Im usually pretty good at guessing but watch me be wrong. That mother fucker is a psycho. My opinion is, much like the drew peterson trial, there is just to many coincidences to overlook.

Whether or not he pulled the trigger, I have no doubt he wanted Lloyd dead.
The interesting part could come later. Belichick and Kraft are both on the witness list. I would hope the judge's standards for responses is a little more stringent than the ballwashers' in the Boston media and Belichick won't be able to use his standard "It is what it is ..." line. And maybe Kraft can repeat his claim that the Patriots were "duped" when they handed Hernandez that long term, 8-figure contract while he was in the midst of his murder spree.

3/04/2015 3:35 pm  #5

artie_fufkin wrote:

I'm concerned about the lack of a murder weapon. And the judge seems to be giving the defense every benefit of the doubt, specifically not allowing the texts between Hernandez and Lloyd on the night of the murder. And I'm always worried the yahoos in the jury box are going to give this putz a pass because he used to play for the Patriots. They had to dismiss a jurror because she was smitten with him.

I thought Hernandez's girlfriend was going to testify he disposed of the gun.  I'll admit I'm not following this thing very much, but it sounds like there's a lot of circumstantial evidence.  Apparently his maid testified this week about Hernandez tampering with his home surveillance video system the morning after the murder before the police showed up.  

Sometimes when a judge starts ruling consistently for one side, it's because he/she feels that side is about to lose, and the judge wants to limit the bases for an appeal.

3/05/2015 12:12 pm  #6

I bet you could make a nfl roster of players who have gone to prison, nail or been in serious legal trouble over the last 5 years.  If i had time right now id give it a shot.

3/05/2015 12:59 pm  #7

"I thought Hernandez's girlfriend was going to testify he disposed of the gun."

She's been given immunity, but she hasn't testified yet. How she plays it, as Donald Rumsfeld might have said, is an unknown unknown.

3/05/2015 1:01 pm  #8

APIAD wrote:

I bet you could make a nfl roster of players who have gone to prison, nail or been in serious legal trouble over the last 5 years. If i had time right now id give it a shot.

The San Diego Union-Tribune keeps a data base of arrested NFL players on its website. I'll bet its a full-time job for whoever has to update it.

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/

Board footera