You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2015 8:29 pm  #1

Eagles

Anyone have any idea what Chip Kelly is doing in Philadelphia?
The good thing is people are stumped by what's going on with an NFL team, and it's not the Raiders.

3/10/2015 10:04 pm  #2

Re: Eagles

Heard a lot of speculation that some team near the top of the draft (NYJ??) might be enamored enough with Bradford such that Bradford plus draft picks will allow Kelly to move up to get Mariotta.

Otherwise, today's trade makes no sense. Kelly didn't like Foles because he's immobile, so he traded for a QB who has missed his team's last 26 games with back-to-back knee surgeries.

3/11/2015 7:02 am  #3

Peter King said Kelly loves Bradford, which...okay.

I'm not a big Foles fan, but just dumping Sam's contract, the heavy burden that has grown the past few years and the draft picks make this a winner. If you're going to have a middling quarterback, at least this one is relatively cheap.

3/11/2015 8:21 am  #4

I'm not convinced Mariota is a can't-miss prospect. And don't get me started on Winston. He ought to change his name to JaMarcus right now.

3/11/2015 9:58 am  #5

If the Rams weren't presently a pariah based on the assumption they won't be here possibly as early as 2016, this trade would have been huge news for Rams fans.  As it was, it was still pretty big news.  Bradford had become a completely divisive figure--some fans thought he's been unfairly judged based on a lack of weapons in the years before his injuries, and other fans thought he was never that good before he was hurt and now is returning from two ACL procedures.  

People weren't thrilled at the prospect of him returning for 2015, and the team would have then been faced with the decision of moving on or commiting long term to a QB with a history of bad knees who, due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, has been grossly overpaid.  Whatever the decision, a significant segment of the fan base would have been unhappy.

Maybe Foles isn't the answer, but if he has a good year, it won't be as controversial to sign him to a long-term deal.  Add in the fact that the Rams received additional draft pick compensation and cleared over $11M in cap space, and this is a great deal for the franchise.

Board footera