You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2015 3:45 pm  #1

I'm sure he was just being a good samaritan

Typing my post about Matt Carpenter reminded me of this story about Cristiano Ronaldo.  Apparently he found a woman's cell phone and, when they met to return the phone, he offered to take the woman and her friends to dinner.  What a nice guy.  Here's a picture of Ronaldo and the cell phone's owner.

And here's a picture of Ronaldo, the woman and the rest of the dinner guests.

Any bets on whether they played "Hide the iPhone" later that evening?  Oh, and I should include that this occurred in Las Vegas.  Nothing bad ever happens in Vegas.

7/09/2015 8:40 pm  #2

Re: I'm sure he was just being a good samaritan

Someone in the media once asked Ronaldo why people don't like him.
His answer was "Because I'm young, rich and handsome."

7/13/2015 12:48 pm  #3

I actually do like Ronaldo. He can't help it that he's good looking. He's worked his whole life to be a professional soccer player, and he's really good. He played in the World Cup against the doctor's orders, because it was the world cup. He's been seen kicking balls around to kids in disguise just to have fun with random kids without being mobbed. 

If I looked like him, with his kind of money, at his age? I'd be just as bad, if not worse. 

7/13/2015 2:13 pm  #4

alz wrote:

I actually do like Ronaldo. He can't help it that he's good looking. He's worked his whole life to be a professional soccer player, and he's really good. He played in the World Cup against the doctor's orders, because it was the world cup. He's been seen kicking balls around to kids in disguise just to have fun with random kids without being mobbed. 

If I looked like him, with his kind of money, at his age? I'd be just as bad, if not worse. 

Maybe, but people who are handsome or rich, and goodness knows I'm not either, generally don't feel the need to point it out.
Players play with injuries in World Cups. In 1970, Franz Beckenbauer played 50 minutes with his arm in a sling after he broke a collarbone, because West Germany had already used its complement of substitutes. And that was in a semifinal. His team didn't essentially crash out of the tournament in the first half of the first game of the first round like Portugal did last year.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (7/13/2015 2:13 pm)

7/14/2015 8:25 am  #5

artie_fufkin wrote:

alz wrote:

Maybe, but people who are handsome or rich, and goodness knows I'm not either, generally don't feel the need to point it out.
Players play with injuries in World Cups. In 1970, Franz Beckenbauer played 50 minutes with his arm in a sling after he broke a collarbone, because West Germany had already used its complement of substitutes. And that was in a semifinal. His team didn't essentially crash out of the tournament in the first half of the first game of the first round like Portugal did last year.

I totally agree, but he's right. Most people do hate him for those very reasons. Maybe he just didn't feel like making something up.

I felt the same about Jeter and A-Rod forever. A-Rod ruined himself with sterroids, and I warmed up to Jeter after watching him bust up his face leaping into the stands to catch a foul ball. 

11/12/2016 1:48 pm  #6

Elizavetta92Hourf wrote:

Все привет и хорошего настроения!

According to Google translate, this means "Fuck Heyward"

Board footera