You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2015 11:27 am  #1

Alz got a pimp car.

After weeks of hunting, I found a car I wanted. I was very peculiar about what I wanted. I wanted an FJ Cruiser. I wanted one that wasn't that old, and didn't have that many miles. I didn't want one that was silver or white, and I wanted the 4X4 with the convenience package (blue tooth in the steering wheel, upgraded stereo). And of course, I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. 

So Saturday I left at 6:30 and drove about 35 miles south of Nashville to a town called Franklin Tennessee, and I picked it up. 2011/47K miles 4X4, black, everything I wanted on it. 28,500.00

Then I drove back. Total trip took about 15 hours with the dealer time and lunch, but I have my dream vehicle, and it's amazing.

9/28/2015 12:27 pm  #2

Re: Alz got a pimp car.

Congrats.  

Have to admit, I had no idea what an FJ Cruiser was until I looked it up.  However, I have been to Franklin Tennessee (not that I'm proud of it).

9/28/2015 1:15 pm  #3

FJ Cruiser, a very quirky and unique SUV that Toyota brought back from the late 70s early 80s era as their rugged SUV. Bubbly front end, but Toyota dependable throughout. These little bastards owned the top of the line in "Value Holding Automobile" for about 7 years running. A 2010 with 63K miles was priced at $23,885 and listed as a "Great Deal" as it was nearly 4K under market value! My car's market value was just over 30K, so spending 28,500 on it was considered a "Good Deal" (nearly 2K under market value). People are still wanting 11K for their 2007's with 225K miles on them... They will run forever.

These things averaged holding 80% of their original value after 3 years, and 69% of it after 5. That's unheard of... Now that they don't make them anymore, the desire was mixed with a "Do it now, or it won't happen" type of urgency. 

Driving it back, I understand. It really is the smoothest ride I've ever been in. Handles bumps like nothing I've ever seen before. They are very interesting vehicles, you either hate them (bubbly front end) or you love them.

This is a 2011 FJ, not mine, but mine is pretty much exactly the same as this one. 

Last edited by alz (9/28/2015 1:20 pm)

9/28/2015 11:05 pm  #4

In car shopping as well.  Every time i walk out of the office of a car deal i feel like i narrowly escaped an ass raping.

9/29/2015 7:43 am  #5

Well, Nelson Mazda in Franklin Tennessee was very good. They don't work off commission though, so they don't pressure you into buying.

10/19/2015 12:48 pm  #6

Woot!!!! Got through the Illinois DMV and got my plates transferred 1st attempt through! 

This is the gaming equivalent of a headshot on a running target from the other side of the map, as he's jumping off the side of a rooftop.

Next up, side rails!

12/07/2016 5:53 am  #7

This is the way to do it. Make them respect people stuff.. Glad you took care of him man..... Hopefully he got the message and learned from his mistake...

Board footera