You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2017 4:24 pm  #1

Roy Halladay

Died in a plane crash. Only 40.

11/07/2017 4:54 pm  #2

Re: Roy Halladay

Bummer
I think he and Chris Carpenter became good friends

11/07/2017 5:01 pm  #3

don.rob11 wrote:

Bummer

Yeah, they were teammates in Toronto and I think they still hung out a lot together after they both ended up in the NL. Game 5 of the 2011 NLDS is still one of the five best baseball games I've ever watched.

11/08/2017 10:44 am  #4

artie_fufkin wrote:

don.rob11 wrote:

Bummer

Yeah, they were teammates in Toronto and I think they still hung out a lot together after they both ended up in the NL. Game 5 of the 2011 NLDS is still one of the five best baseball games I've ever watched.

Just shows how little you know about baseball.  I'm sure somewhere there were some advanced analytics showing that Carpenter should have been pulled after the 6th inning because the launch angle of hitters who face him the third time through the lineup increases by 6%.  And I'm willing to bet Keith Law has calculated the effectiveness of pitchers allowed to throw 120+ pitches and determined that Halladay should have been watching the end of that game from the hotel bar.

11/08/2017 1:45 pm  #5

Sad to hear.  Holladay was one of the fun ones to watch.  Him and carp being matched up against each other was great.  They both had that give the damn ball and im going to throw it to the guy behind the plate attitude.  Quick workers and went after guys.  Holladay, like carp seemed to take an at bat as a personal conquest.  None of this, throw this pitch, pitch around this person ect.  Sure there was some of and im exaggerating but that but most time it was holladays good stuff vs the batter, may the best man win.

11/08/2017 6:56 pm  #6

Now they are saying he was goofing off is how he crashed

11/08/2017 7:49 pm  #7

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

don.rob11 wrote:

Bummer

Just shows how little you know about baseball.  I'm sure somewhere there were some advanced analytics showing that Carpenter should have been pulled after the 6th inning because the launch angle of hitters who face him the third time through the lineup increases by 6%.  And I'm willing to bet Keith Law has calculated the effectiveness of pitchers allowed to throw 120+ pitches and determined that Halladay should have been watching the end of that game from the hotel bar.

I think pretty soon we're not even going to bother playing the actual games. Each team will go out and hire the best statistician it can find and they can work out the probability of each team winning like a math equation. It won't sell a lot of tickets, but the money the owners will save on salaries is enormous.

11/08/2017 7:50 pm  #8

APIAD wrote:

Now they are saying he was goofing off is how he crashed

I read today his wife didn't want him to buy the plane because she worried flying would be dangerous.

Board footera