You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2018 3:27 pm  #1

My week so far ...

Monday: Driving to lunch at a restaurant downtown. I pull into the entrance of a parking lot that's one-way in, one-way out and almost collide with a box truck that is headed the wrong way. I pull over to the right to try to get around the truck and the driver shouts "Asshole!!" at me.

Tuesday: At lunch, I'm driving through the shared parking lot between City Hall and the district court next door. A woman with one tooth, matted red hair that hasn't been washed since her junior high school gym class, wearing a shirt with long sleeves on a warm day, walks toward me from the direction of the court house, flags me down and tells me she'll pay me $20 if I'll drive her to the town next door.
Me: "I'm not going that way."
Her: "Fuck you!!"

I'm going to call in sick tomorrow. Or at least skip lunch.

5/08/2018 3:47 pm  #2

Re: My week so far ...

Well quit being such a Masshole and you won't have these problems.

5/09/2018 8:33 am  #3

forsberg_us wrote:

Well quit being such a Masshole and you won't have these problems.

I really hate this job. I don't mind some of the work, but for most of the day I'm just pushing paper around. And I've about had it with my co-workers, who are three post-menopausal women who complain about everything. It's too hot in the office. It's too cold. They snipe at each other as soon as their backs are turned. And they're so ignorant. One of them told me the first week I was here that black people wear more cologne/perfume than white people because black people don't shower as frequently as white people. Another one asked me if Jewish people celebrate Thanksgiving. It's a nightmare.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (5/09/2018 12:45 pm)

5/09/2018 12:45 pm  #4

Made it through an entire lunch hour today without anyone shouting profanity at me.
So I've got that going for me ... which is nice.

5/09/2018 5:19 pm  #5

artie_fufkin wrote:

Made it through an entire lunch hour today without anyone shouting profanity at me.
So I've got that going for me ... which is nice.

I hate all people equally.  Its a gift.

Board footera