You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2019 6:53 pm  #1

World Series thread

I'm not sure how much I'll watch, but I feel like we should at least have a thread.

10/22/2019 11:59 pm  #2

Re: World Series thread

I wouldn't mind if the Nats win in three.

Last edited by JV (10/23/2019 12:00 am)

10/23/2019 7:59 am  #3

JV wrote:

I wouldn't mind if the Nats win in three.

Yeah, the final straw for me with the Asstros was in last last game of the ALCS when Correa made a throw on what was a pretty routine double play and then did the pistol-into-the-holster thing with his index and middle fingers. 
I think if I was hitting under .200 in the playoffs, I'd try to bring as little attention to myself as possible.

10/23/2019 8:30 pm  #4

Im so uninterested.  Baseball isnt as interesting when you dont know the rosters inside out.

10/23/2019 10:17 pm  #5

The Astros may want to contact the commissioner's office. Obviously that Cards data breach hurt them more than originally thought, and they deserve another draft pick.

10/24/2019 11:02 am  #6

JV wrote:

The Astros may want to contact the commissioner's office. Obviously that Cards data breach hurt them more than originally thought, and they deserve another draft pick.

I'll admit to a modicum of schadenfreude when it comes to the Asstros' performance in the first two games, but I'm mostly glad because now the Cardinals don't look as sucky as they did in the LCS.

10/24/2019 11:05 am  #7

APIAD wrote:

Im so uninterested. Baseball isnt as interesting when you dont know the rosters inside out.

I find myself requiring a rooting interest more and more every year. I used to be able to watch the NFL from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Sundays. Last Sunday, I was barely able to make it through a Raiders' game. It didn't help the Raiders were getting destroyed, but I was watching a movie by 3 p.m.

10/24/2019 1:02 pm  #8

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

I'll admit to a modicum of schadenfreude when it comes to the Asstros' performance in the first two games, but I'm mostly glad because now the Cardinals don't look as sucky as they did in the LCS.

I have the same reaction...Cardinals weren't as bad as they looked, given the roll Washington's been on.

In my never-to-be-written fiction novel, "Modicum of Schadenfreude" will have to be a character.

10/24/2019 1:37 pm  #9

"In my never-to-be-written fiction novel, "Modicum of Schadenfreude" will have to be a character."

Over time, a loveless marriage made the Modicum of Schadenfreude a bitter, cynical man ...

10/30/2019 5:33 pm  #10

OK, last game of the season. Who ya got?

I’ll go Astros. The home team has to win once, doesn’t it?

10/31/2019 7:58 am  #11

"The home team has to win once, doesn’t it?"

Apparently not. Wonder if Hinch is going to catch some heat for pulling Greinke when he did. But I assume the Asstros' bullpen is pretty good - you don't make it to the WS with a shitty bullpen - and just didn't perform last night.
And Greinke isn't the same pitcher he was even a year ago.

10/31/2019 11:30 am  #12

artie_fufkin wrote:

Apparently not. Wonder if Hinch is going to catch some heat for pulling Greinke when he did. But I assume the Asstros' bullpen is pretty good - you don't make it to the WS with a shitty bullpen - and just didn't perform last night.

Hinch had the likely AL Cy Young winner sitting in the bullpen ready to pitch and lost the world series with someone named Will Harris. That’s inexcusable.

Speaking of bad managing, I just saw that the Royals hired Mike Matheny. Good luck with that.

10/31/2019 11:34 am  #13

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Hinch had the likely AL Cy Young winner sitting in the bullpen ready to pitch and lost the world series with someone named Will Harris. That’s inexcusable.

Speaking of bad managing, I just saw that the Royals hired Mike Matheny. Good luck with that.

https://sports.yahoo.com/royals-hire-mike-matheny-manager-150523968.html

I have no idea how he's going to cope without being able to make double-switches.

10/31/2019 3:54 pm  #14

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

You would think they would get tired of stl sloppy seconds

Board footera