You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2020 1:35 pm  #1

7/25 GC

Waino vs. Williams

7/25/2020 2:39 pm  #2

Re: 7/25 GC

Need a hit from Wong here ...

7/25/2020 2:41 pm  #3

... or not.

7/25/2020 3:16 pm  #4

Gant looks like Brosnon Arroyo. Hope he doesn't pitch like him.

7/25/2020 5:37 pm  #5

Even though the DH works in the Cardinals' favor, I hate it.

7/25/2020 7:35 pm  #6

Watched the end of Reds/Tigers. There was no one in the stands. Which is what the Reds are accustomed to.

7/25/2020 8:49 pm  #7

Haven’t watched a pitch. Let me know if/when they quit with all the political/protest bullshit and I’ll consider watching.

7/26/2020 3:33 pm  #8

forsberg_us wrote:

Haven’t watched a pitch. Let me know if/when they quit with all the political/protest bullshit and I’ll consider watching.

Same here except that there's no need to tell me when they quit, if they ever do.  I've had it with college and professional sports.

Not that they will miss me.

Last edited by Mags (7/27/2020 9:59 am)

7/27/2020 6:11 am  #9

artie_fufkin wrote:

Even though the DH works in the Cardinals' favor, I hate it.

I only got to watch one game so far.  I think I was just hungry for baseball so it didnt matter.  But yes I agree.

7/27/2020 6:13 am  #10

forsberg_us wrote:

It's hard to look past.  I hate supporting the drama but I also hate bypassing something I enjoy because of it as well.  I agree with MJ, Republicans buy sneakers too type comment.  Get the bs off the field and let the nation find common ground in something instead of a further divide.

7/27/2020 9:57 am  #11

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

It's hard to look past. I hate supporting the drama but I also hate bypassing something I enjoy because of it as well. I agree with MJ, Republicans buy sneakers too type comment. Get the bs off the field and let the nation find common ground in something instead of a further divide.

Honestly, the only time I've seen any reference to current events was before the game between the Giants and the Dodgers opening night, and that was far more subtle than what I saw out of the WNBA this weekend on Sports Center, and what I suspect will take place when the NBA resumes this week.
If the Cardinals and the Pirates made any statements this weekend, I didn't see them because the Extra Innings feed literally started while the Cardinals' pitcher was warming up on the mound to start the first inning (which has also been past practice for EI). You don't get any pre-game programming, and you don't get post-game programming, except for the occasional player-of-the-game on-field interview if there's a walkoff. But most of the time, the broadcast cuts out while the players are shaking hands on the field.

7/27/2020 12:21 pm  #12

Putting "BLM" on the back of the pitchers mound is ridiculous to me.  Its inappropriate for a baseball game.  Personal feelings and all the factors that weigh into them aside I just dont want to see it at a baseball game.  Willy and dexter doing the first pitch was fine.  Do that every game if you want.  The announcers did talk about what a vocal supporter flats is of social injustice awareness but it wasnt a huge speal.  They all stood for the anthem which I think is appropriate. Like I said things like baseball should be a place where people of different opinion can find common ground.  In doing that you open more doors then you close.  Removing politics is how you do that.  This message board is a perfect example of that. Less politics and more peace.  There are whole tv stations dedicated to politics.  ESPN and fsmw are not one of them.

7/27/2020 2:13 pm  #13

APIAD wrote:

Putting "BLM" on the back of the pitchers mound is ridiculous to me. Its inappropriate for a baseball game. Personal feelings and all the factors that weigh into them aside I just dont want to see it at a baseball game. Willy and dexter doing the first pitch was fine. Do that every game if you want. The announcers did talk about what a vocal supporter flats is of social injustice awareness but it wasnt a huge speal. They all stood for the anthem which I think is appropriate. Like I said things like baseball should be a place where people of different opinion can find common ground. In doing that you open more doors then you close. Removing politics is how you do that. This message board is a perfect example of that. Less politics and more peace. There are whole tv stations dedicated to politics. ESPN and fsmw are not one of them.

I didn't see any BLM references at Busch Stadium on Saturday and Sunday. Was that on Friday?

Last edited by artie_fufkin (7/27/2020 2:13 pm)

7/28/2020 10:33 am  #14

Friday was the only game I watched

Board footera