You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2020 8:05 pm  #1

7/29

For the split

7/29/2020 8:40 pm  #2

Re: 7/29

This isn't baseball. This is slow pitch softball with a smaller ball and deeper fences.

7/29/2020 9:42 pm  #3

I was already sick last year of announcers from American League teams telling me how good Andrew Miller used to be.

7/30/2020 1:45 pm  #4

It's good to see that the team's strategy of "the offense will be better because we say it will be better," is working as planned.

7/30/2020 1:50 pm  #5

I just realized how little I've been paying attention to the resumption of sports.  Did anyone else know that MLB was using the little league "California tie breaker" rules where, if the game goes into extras, the teams start the inning with a runner at 2nd base?

7/30/2020 2:35 pm  #6

forsberg_us wrote:

I just realized how little I've been paying attention to the resumption of sports.  Did anyone else know that MLB was using the little league "California tie breaker" rules where, if the game goes into extras, the teams start the inning with a runner at 2nd base?

Yes. The rationale is that with the shortened pre-season, they're trying to save pitchers' arms. Yet, they've instituted a new 3-batter minimum for relief pitchers.
I stuck with baseball through the player strikes in '72, '81 and '94, the lockout in 1990. I didn't give up when George Steinbrenner started buying World Series trophies, or when Bud Selig did nothing while steroids ran rampant in the sport, or when the Cubs won the World Series. But for the first time, I wonder how much longer baseball is going to survive the incompetence of the people who are involved in it.

7/30/2020 2:40 pm  #7

forsberg_us wrote:

It's good to see that the team's strategy of "the offense will be better because we say it will be better," is working as planned.

Since you're not watching the sport, I assume you haven't noticed Ozuna is tearing the cover off the ball with Atlanta. But the Cardinals tucked away $18 million worth of dry powder by not signing him. So there's that.  

7/30/2020 6:21 pm  #8

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Since you're not watching the sport, I assume you haven't noticed Ozuna is tearing the cover off the ball with Atlanta. But the Cardinals tucked away $18 million worth of dry powder by not signing him. So there's that.  

I had not, but since I think he’s on the fantasy team I’m also not paying attention to, that’s good.

Board footera