You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2020 9:15 am  #1

7/31 COVID Update

Cards/Brewers game is reportedly postponed.  Rumor is there are multiple positive tests from the Cardinals side.

7/31/2020 3:54 pm  #2

Re: 7/31 COVID Update

They should just cancel the season. This is going to be a joke.

7/31/2020 5:55 pm  #3

APIAD wrote:

They should just cancel the season. This is going to be a joke.

Agreed. I guess I misunderstood the plan. I assumed that the reason MLB was allowing these massive rosters was so that if a team had one or two positive cases, those players could be quarantined and the team continue playing. If they’re going to cancel games/series every time someone tests positive, there’s no way they’re going to play 60 games.

7/31/2020 8:21 pm  #4

My understanding was the same.  I understood the Marlins situation because it was half the team.  Idk if canceling this game was preventative.  Even so this strategy wont allow for a season to be completed.

7/31/2020 8:59 pm  #5

One of the players was Junior Fernandez, so thats not anyone of significance. Not sure who the other was.

8/01/2020 2:29 pm  #6

Passan reports that the test were rapid test.  They are waiting on saliva test to be completed.  Once that happens tomorrows game is likely to be canceled. 

You simply cant make up a week or twos worth of games in a 2 month season.  Throw in the towel.  From the looks of this team we wont be missing much.

8/08/2020 8:12 pm  #7

Well, we’re into the 3rd week of the season and the Cardinals only have 3 losses. That’s good, right?

8/09/2020 8:08 am  #8

I wish I wouldnt have upped my hulu

8/09/2020 9:21 pm  #9

And the Pittsburgh series has now been postponed.

The Cardinals will apparently be expected to play 55 games in 46 days. That’s assuming they can stop having positive tests long enough to play on Thursday.

What a joke.

8/11/2020 7:07 am  #10

My excitement for baseball season lasted about a day and a half.  Watch the Cubs will win this half ass season.

8/12/2020 12:12 pm  #11

At this point, the only baseball event I'm interested in is Pujols' movement up the record books. Covid has destroyed whatever chance he had of catching A-Rod or reaching 700 in HRs but he only needs one more to tie Mays. and 3 RBIs to catch A-Rod. He's 31 hits shy of Nap Lajoie for 14th, 3 and 6 doubles away from Brett and Biggio, respectively, and 9 runs short of Biggio's total. His overall offensive numbers are dismal, so it wouldn't shock me to see him retire with one more season on his contract. 

Last edited by JV (8/12/2020 12:13 pm)

8/12/2020 5:59 pm  #12

JV wrote:

At this point, the only baseball event I'm interested in is Pujols' movement up the record books. Covid has destroyed whatever chance he had of catching A-Rod or reaching 700 in HRs but he only needs one more to tie Mays. and 3 RBIs to catch A-Rod. He's 31 hits shy of Nap Lajoie for 14th, 3 and 6 doubles away from Brett and Biggio, respectively, and 9 runs short of Biggio's total. His overall offensive numbers are dismal, so it wouldn't shock me to see him retire with one more season on his contract. 

I read somewhere that he had pulled within 1 of Mays, and I looked to see how he was doing. He was hitting something like .150 and had been dropped to 6th or 7th in the lineup. I also saw that his career batting average had dropped below .300.

That said, I’d be stunned if he walks away from the $30M he’s owed next season. Even if he wanted to, I doubt his wife would let him.

8/13/2020 11:08 am  #13

"Even if he wanted to, I doubt his wife would let him."

They'll attribute it to divine intervention.

8/13/2020 11:28 am  #14

I haven't watched much baseball since the Cardinals went on hiatus. I haven't subscribed to the Extra Innings package, and I think I'm at the point now where I can't stand to listen to any of the commentators on ESPN, with the exception of Eduardo Perez.

Board footera