You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/21/2020 8:27 am  #1

Jeff Luhnow is a victim

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/2020/10/19/qa-full-37-minute-interview-with-former-astros-gm-jeff-luhnow/

As the saying goes: I don't know what's worse, that he did know, or that he didn't know.

10/21/2020 12:51 pm  #2

Re: Jeff Luhnow is a victim

I don't know whether he knew or didn't know what the Astros were doing, but I think it's become fairly obvious that Jeff Luhnow was more integral to the Cardinals' success in drafting and developing talent than was John Mozeliak.  Granted, the Astros went through a period of drafting very early in the draft, but Luhnow has done a much better job of evaluating talent in terms of trades and free agent signings than has Mozeliak's front office.  I'd trade Moz for Luhnow in a heart beat.

10/22/2020 1:25 pm  #3

forsberg_us wrote:

I don't know whether he knew or didn't know what the Astros were doing, but I think it's become fairly obvious that Jeff Luhnow was more integral to the Cardinals' success in drafting and developing talent than was John Mozeliak.  Granted, the Astros went through a period of drafting very early in the draft, but Luhnow has done a much better job of evaluating talent in terms of trades and free agent signings than has Mozeliak's front office.  I'd trade Moz for Luhnow in a heart beat.

No doubt.

10/23/2020 1:12 pm  #4

forsberg_us wrote:

In fairness moz is setting the bar pretty low.

Board footera