You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2021 10:08 am  #26

Re: Waino is back

APIAD wrote:

Dexter traded to the angels

Maybe carp is next

Would almost be like Christmas in February wouldn’t it?

Cardinals are paying $14.75M of the $16.M remaining

Last edited by forsberg_us (2/05/2021 10:10 am)

2/05/2021 5:19 pm  #27

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Maybe carp is next

And a ptbnl.  That could swing the value of the deal if that player has any worth.  But just not seeing dexter in the outfield and whatever talent that replaces him is bound to be an improvement.  No matter what he does for the Angel's he wouldnt of done it in stl.  He never liked playing here and his contract has to be one of the worst the cards have ever signed.

2/05/2021 8:19 pm  #28

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Maybe carp is next

And a ptbnl.  That could swing the value of the deal if that player has any worth.  But just not seeing dexter in the outfield and whatever talent that replaces him is bound to be an improvement.  No matter what he does for the Angel's he wouldnt of done it in stl.  He never liked playing here and his contract has to be one of the worst the cards have ever signed.

I don’t expect much from the PTBNL, but agree with everything you said about not having to see Fowler any more. I figure it will take 2 months before we read the story about how St. Louis didn’t like him because he was black. After all, look how poorly the city treats/treated Brock, Gibson, Ozzie Smith, Coleman and McGee (among others).

2/06/2021 11:14 am  #29

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

I don’t expect much from the PTBNL, but agree with everything you said about not having to see Fowler any more. I figure it will take 2 months before we read the story about how St. Louis didn’t like him because he was black. After all, look how poorly the city treats/treated Brock, Gibson, Ozzie Smith, Coleman and McGee (among others).

I fully expect that as well.  I love the perspective that baseball is racist because it doesnt have many "African american" players.  Then you look on the field and there is as many white as their is non white guys.  Maybe there is a shortage of folks that fit the classification of "African american" but baseball and stl is plenty diverse.  If I had to rank the most popular players in my cardinals viewing life it throw this rough list out, in order;

Pujols
Molina
Waino
Carp
Edmonds
Rolen

I missed the hay day of ozzie and the 80s. He was still popular in the early 90s but not the player he was.  Late 90s is really when I call myself a baseball fan.

There is plenty of white on that list.  I also think that putting Pujols and Molina at the top is easily done.  They are not white but dont fit the African american classification either.

2/06/2021 8:17 pm  #30

The specialization of sports has probably eliminated baseball from the budget of a lot of black families. With the exception of football, almost all scouting/recruiting of high school aged kids occurs at club events, not high school. I have no idea what it costs to participate on a select travel baseball team, but I know that when you include the cost of travel, we’ve spent several thousands each year for Madison’s softball, and her teams haven’t travelled as much as some do. A family struggling to pay bills can’t afford that.

I won’t lie, I’ll miss is when they’re done with sports, but it’s going to save me a lot of time and money.

2/07/2021 9:42 am  #31

forsberg_us wrote:

The specialization of sports has probably eliminated baseball from the budget of a lot of black families. With the exception of football, almost all scouting/recruiting of high school aged kids occurs at club events, not high school. I have no idea what it costs to participate on a select travel baseball team, but I know that when you include the cost of travel, we’ve spent several thousands each year for Madison’s softball, and her teams haven’t travelled as much as some do. A family struggling to pay bills can’t afford that.

I won’t lie, I’ll miss is when they’re done with sports, but it’s going to save me a lot of time and money.

I'd include basketball as an exception as well.  Really it's how baseball is set up as more of the problem.  I agree it is hard for alot of family regardless of financial standing to make the sacrifices needed for travel ball.   Imo that isnt racist.  It's just how it is done and how its evolved.  It is unfortunate.

2/07/2021 3:56 pm  #32

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

I'd include basketball as an exception as well.  Really it's how baseball is set up as more of the problem.  I agree it is hard for alot of family regardless of financial standing to make the sacrifices needed for travel ball.   Imo that isnt racist.  It's just how it is done and how its evolved.  It is unfortunate.

Basketball is possibly the worst. It’s all about AAU participation, and the coaches and “handlers” have way too much influence on the kids and their hands out to the recruiters.

2/09/2021 11:13 am  #33

Molina returning on a 1-year, $9 million deal, according to Goold.

2/09/2021 11:29 pm  #34

artie_fufkin wrote:

Molina returning on a 1-year, $9 million deal, according to Goold.

Figured he would want more.  Market must of not been great.

Board footera