You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2022 5:06 pm  #51

Re: Non-DeJong Thread

Any notice matt carp isn't completely useless anymore

6/06/2022 3:07 pm  #52

APIAD wrote:

Any notice matt carp isn't completely useless anymore

So, he has four home runs in 24 plate appearances, but only five hits. He's playing in inarguably the best ballpark for lefthanded hitters, so the routine fly balls he was hitting to the warning track in real ballparks are carrying over the 314-foot Pony League fence. He's able to DH, so the Yankees don't have to find a place for his sorry-ass glove like the Cardinals did. And I'll wager he hasn't gotten any faster, so he's still going to clog the bases once he draws one of his nice walks.
And his moustache makes him look like the cop from the Village People. 

6/10/2022 9:16 am  #53

He is in the perfect place to get some cheap ones.  Agreed

6/10/2022 9:16 am  #54

Also I'm a fan of horrible mustaches

7/09/2022 7:34 pm  #55

This offense is suddenly pathetic.

7/14/2022 10:04 am  #56

How many wins have egregious bullpen failures cost Wainwright over the years, likely denying him his 200th? Besides last night's fiasco, I'll never forget the Kyle McLellan implosion that cost Waino a 20-win season years ago. I'd bet he's lost at least five wins after turning seemingly-"safe" leads over to the 'pen. Of course this happens with every team and starter but he seems to have been victimized frequently over the years by stiffs like Ver Hagen along with generally reliable relievers. Focusing on Waino's and Pujols' career stats is my feeble attempt at blocking out grievances like the long history of regrettable misfires that have kept the Cardinals from ever having an elite pitching staff...trading Alcantara for fucking Ozuna being currently top of mind. Guess it isn't working. Rant over.
EDIT: My "tinypic" matches my mood perfectly!

Last edited by JV (7/14/2022 10:07 am)

7/18/2022 10:38 am  #57

What's the mood on the draft pick.? From what I've heard it sounds positive but I don't follow it close enough to know.

7/18/2022 9:39 pm  #58

Pujols at the hr derby wasn't to bad.  The intros was like a wwf video game.  Retarded. 

Soto to stl.  Yeah right

8/20/2022 9:32 pm  #59

If anyone still gives a shit and has also been watching the games, what's up with all the lost baserunners lately? Has the team gotten extra aggressive or just sloppy at times?

8/24/2022 7:11 am  #60

I am finally able to actaully watch the games reg.  I enjoy this team's make up honestly.  Idk that they are good enough to make it deep in thr playoffs but they are respectable.

8/24/2022 12:13 pm  #61

APIAD wrote:

I am finally able to actaully watch the games reg. I enjoy this team's make up honestly. Idk that they are good enough to make it deep in thr playoffs but they are respectable.

The addition of Montgomery and Quintana turned their rotation from a liability into an asset IMO. Super moves. And Pujols has generated far more excitement than I could have hoped for. This team could make some noise.

Anyone notice that Oakland cut Piscotty a week ago and that he's signed a minor league contract with the Reds?

Last edited by JV (8/24/2022 12:13 pm)

8/24/2022 7:46 pm  #62

I did see that on piscotty.  He is a hard guy not to root for.  Idk how much mlb function he has left but I hope he finds a way to stick around. 

I think my only annoyance with the team is stick with dejong even tho Gorman and edman is a better combo.  Maybe not every time but more then not.

And Woodford not being more of a presence.

8/26/2022 7:03 pm  #63

JV wrote:

If anyone still gives a shit and has also been watching the games, what's up with all the lost baserunners lately? Has the team gotten extra aggressive or just sloppy at times?

I think it may be time to move on from ol' Pop Warner as the third base coach. 

8/26/2022 7:08 pm  #64

APIAD wrote:

I did see that on piscotty. He is a hard guy not to root for. Idk how much mlb function he has left but I hope he finds a way to stick around.

I think my only annoyance with the team is stick with dejong even tho Gorman and edman is a better combo. Maybe not every time but more then not.

It's time to move on from DeJong. I was disappointed they gave up on Sosa because they'd be all right with a middle infield combination of Sosa at short and Edman at second against lefties and Edman at short and Gorman at second against righties. 
I'm not a big Woodford fan. But the pitcher who is really getting on my nerves is Hudson.

8/26/2022 7:54 pm  #65

This is the second time I've seen Strider pitch against the Cardinals this season. I hope it's the last.

8/26/2022 8:22 pm  #66

APIAD wrote:

What's the mood on the draft pick.? From what I've heard it sounds positive but I don't follow it close enough to know.

So I saw Hjerpe pitch against ASU and he struck out something like 15 guys, and he looked almost unhittable. He was the Friday night starter for a team that was in the Top 5 almost all season. He doesn't throw hard, but everything he throws has movement. He's got a funky delivery that makes him formidable against left-handed hitters. His ceiling is probably as a #3 starter. I think he's more likely to be a 7th or 8th innng guy like Cabrera.

8/28/2022 6:45 pm  #67

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

I did see that on piscotty. He is a hard guy not to root for. Idk how much mlb function he has left but I hope he finds a way to stick around.

I think my only annoyance with the team is stick with dejong even tho Gorman and edman is a better combo. Maybe not every time but more then not.

It's time to move on from DeJong. I was disappointed they gave up on Sosa because they'd be all right with a middle infield combination of Sosa at short and Edman at second against lefties and Edman at short and Gorman at second against righties. 
I'm not a big Woodford fan. But the pitcher who is really getting on my nerves is Hudson.

I would be good with a middle infield combo of Donavan, edman and Gorman.  I agree dejong is a lost cause.  At this point he is all or nothing.  He is going to crush a few balls here and there and have decent defense.  But he doesn't have the type of defense that makes you put up with his offense.  This team is offensively getting it done.  Dejongs presence isn't killing them.  It's just unneeded and hard to watch.

I thought Woodford was locating and had good movement.  I would much rather watch him the Hudson.

8/29/2022 8:52 pm  #68

WTF is going on with Mikolas all of a sudden? An implosion like this often precedes a stint on the IL...

Last edited by JV (8/29/2022 9:01 pm)

8/29/2022 9:18 pm  #69

JV wrote:

WTF is going on with Mikolas all of a sudden? An implosion like this often precedes a stint on the IL...

You're saying the Cardinals should be concerned because a guy hitting .109 who looks like he just played in the Little League World Series hit a home run into the upper deck off him?

8/29/2022 11:24 pm  #70

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

You're saying the Cardinals should be concerned because a guy hitting .109 who looks like he just played in the Little League World Series hit a home run into the upper deck off him?

Well, when you put it that way, maybe I'm just being a nervous Nellie.

Board footera