You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2024 4:45 pm  #1

Cardinals 2024

Not holding out much hope, but at least Matt Carpenter is back

3/20/2024 8:53 am  #2

Re: Cardinals 2024

Jeez. I thought there was a better chance of finding life on Mars than life on this board.

3/21/2024 1:51 pm  #3

There’s a better chance of finding life on Mars than there is of Lynn and Gibson both finishing the season in the starting rotation.

3/30/2024 11:45 pm  #4

Fuck Heyward

4/03/2024 5:42 pm  #5

As I write this in the 9th inning of the Padres series, they have had a better road trip then I'd of guessed.

4/03/2024 5:43 pm  #6

artie_fufkin wrote:

There’s a better chance of finding life on Mars than there is of Lynn and Gibson both finishing the season in the starting rotation.

The unwillingness to add another legit starter is baffling.  There memories of 2023 faded quickly.

4/04/2024 3:22 pm  #7

Maybe an unpopular opinion.  Open day ceremony is over-rated.

4/04/2024 4:38 pm  #8

Lynn keeping up his 2023 hrs pace in 2024

4/04/2024 10:51 pm  #9

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

The unwillingness to add another legit starter is baffling.  There memories of 2023 faded quickly.

The 2022 Pujols/Molina farewell tour worked out because they got lucky with Pujols’ home run chase, which admittedly was a lot of fun to watch. But they essentially torpedoed the 2023 season so Wainwright could get to 200 wins. Maybe the DeWitts have done research that indicates their fans have become more apt to buy tickets for nostalgic reasons than competitive ones. It’s the only explanation I have for bringing back Carpenter. Good luck to them. I won’t be funding it. This will be the first season since 2004 that I won’t buy the Extra Innings or a streaming package.

4/04/2024 10:56 pm  #10

APIAD wrote:

As I write this in the 9th inning of the Padres series, they have had a better road trip then I'd of guessed.

I told Fors right before opening day  I didn’t think they’d have a record better than 2-5 when they left San Diego. So they proved me wrong. And they should have split with the Dodgers, but they coughed up the Sunday night game.

4/05/2024 7:21 pm  #11

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

The 2022 Pujols/Molina farewell tour worked out because they got lucky with Pujols’ home run chase, which admittedly was a lot of fun to watch. But they essentially torpedoed the 2023 season so Wainwright could get to 200 wins. Maybe the DeWitts have done research that indicates their fans have become more apt to buy tickets for nostalgic reasons than competitive ones. It’s the only explanation I have for bringing back Carpenter. Good luck to them. I won’t be funding it. This will be the first season since 2004 that I won’t buy the Extra Innings or a streaming package.

I'm still hopeful for the year.  It's probably ill advised.

Basicly the though on adding carp/crawford/Lynn/Gibson is that the coaching staff is so poor at managing the clubhouse and personalities that they had to bring in a group of player coaches.  Thrilling

4/05/2024 7:23 pm  #12

I assume that was also the reason for wanting yadi involved.  However yadi has proven to be unreliable.  I do not know what the obsession is with yadi being the cardinals manager.  He hasn't proven to have the attention span for the job in recent years.

4/05/2024 7:25 pm  #13

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

I told Fors right before opening day  I didn’t think they’d have a record better than 2-5 when they left San Diego. So they proved me wrong. And they should have split with the Dodgers, but they coughed up the Sunday night game.

Exactly. That's where my ill fated optimism comes from.  I sound like the front office but if gray was in the rotation that would have been a even better road trip.

4/06/2024 4:29 pm  #14

The Marlins must stink.

4/07/2024 4:56 pm  #15

artie_fufkin wrote:

The Marlins must stink.

I resisted the urge to comment earlier....I wanted to say it is a good sign that they are winning games they should win.  Happy sunday

Board footera